I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year! No wine or Champange for this girl this year, but I did eat an extra piece of pie every chance I had. It was nice having a laid back time, especially knowing that Chrismas will never be the same, next year we will have an 8 month old rolling around and our needs will not be ther focus as much as his needs.
Being home in Memphis was nice, but it also was a harsh reminder that we haven't sold it yet. I am beginning to get that "nesting" instict and if we don't sell the house soon, I will be renting an apartment soon. But it was nice to have a few days just to do nothing and stay in my PJ's. On day I caught a full days marithon of True Life on MTV.
So that i can continue with my story let me tell you that one of the stories they had on MTV was about being young and pregnant ( and unmarried). One of the girls was down in New Orleans and in my dismay it shows her with her mom and boyfriend like 8 months pregnant in a bar adn walking down Bourbon street (not driking...just hanging out, sipping on a soft drink). on Bourbon St. in the crowd a passer by runs right into the Preggo Girl. She goes crazy, screaming crying...ready to kick butt, until she is calmed down. I was not under standing this...I thought the girl got what she deserved.
Thus to my story.....
Friday nightthe next day (after being dismayed at the girl on MTV)...our friends arrive to visit for a couple of nights to go to the Liberty bowl with us and to other Miss State events...by 5pm I was sitting in Pat O'briens and later it was on to Coyote Ugly (where I didn't even take off my coat or scarf in fear people would notice I was preggo). I walked up and down crowded Beale Street for over 6 hours. The next day we went to the liberty bowl. Getting into the Stadium was hell and a mob like scene started to arise. I got separated from Chris and I got stuck in a corner. At some point this very drunk bimbo fell back into me...I was so mad!!! I could have kicked her butt....In fact she asked me to HELP HEr UP...I told her I couldnt because she fell on me and I am pregnant...at that point instead of saying sorry she patted my belly and asked if the baby was a boy or a girl. I told her to stop talking to me and leave me alone...she looked at me and said what ever. If there were not children and cops around ( and If I weren't in Youth Ministry) I would have drop kicked that girl and punched her in the face...for falling on me! I didn't want anything to happen to my belly. Trust me I am not usually violent.
I now understand the girl on MTV. I think it is a maternal instinct of protection that I didn't think I had. and I didn't think I would get until I had Alex. But it has begun. I can imagine that when Alex is born I will be like 1000 x's more protective of him in real life. This is a new Feeling!
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment