Tuesday, March 18, 2008

One MOnth Left...thank goodness!

I have one month left. I have been going between anxious and patient the last few weeks. I am often reminding myself that Alex would be better off staying in my womb for a few more weeks. But I have truly made it to the misery stage of pregnancy.



I haven't felt the same since my short stay in the hospital a few weeks ago. I have had borderline high blood pressure and am supposed to lay on my left side for an hour several times a day. Easier said then done, especially since I am a restless person altogether.



Friday I had another visit to Labor and Delivery. My blood pressure was awfully high after some nail biting basketball and some housework. It prompted valid concern, and Chris and I prepared for the hospital like it would be our last drive their. I was only 35 weeks last Friday, so I was kinda hoping nothing would happen yet. Chris was patient and rightfully a Little nervous I suspected, since he missed the parking deck entrance 3 times. I didn't call when I got to the sky deck to pass into the hospital, so I had to navigate on foot to the Labor and delivery ward.



When I got their they got me in a room, got my specimen, made me change into a backless gown, and immediately had me lay down on the bed and hook up to all the monitors. By the time they checked my blood pressure it was already rapidly decreasing.



I am glad and all that it didn't stay really high, that could be detrimental to mine and Alex's health, but i was disappointed that the nurse was unable to see me feeling as awful as I felt an hour b/f my visit. I think I was home by 2am.

I pray for patience every hour of the day.

I sleep very little b/c of discomfort or acid reflux. I am huge, and today, probably b/c of the way I slept and high blood pressure, my legs were swollen to my knees. I could hardly walk. Oh well! I will make, most women do!

No comments: