Okay guys! I don't know if anyone really subscribes to my blog...but if you do it has been a really long time. In fact so long that I have already had Alex & he is almost 3 months old. I will take you on a quick update then I will let you know how things are...
April 14th- I finally had another ultrasound to see how big my boy was going to be...well it turns out they predicted he would be REALLY big!!!! The prediction was 9lbs 14ozs, which at the time really freaked me out (if I could only predict the future). I can remember Chris and I breathless as we waited for the doctor to come in. I was alittle gitty, probably becasue I knew it wouldn't be long. Dr. Singleton though he would be out of town the rest of the week, decided I needed to get the baby out sooner than later. And it was pretty much established I would have a c-section (though he had to verbally give me the option to have him the other way, he practically did it while shaking his head no). Since my reg. doc would be out he left to see if Dr. Simmons could do the surgery. When the Doc came back he said "Alright you will have a c-section tomorrow at 11:30, be at the hospital at 9:30...don't eat after midnight...Dr. Simmons will deliver Alex." Okay well I can't say anything because I didn't go into labor or deliver naturally or anything, but know I was going to have Alex at a specific time, like an appointment, it was hard. It was like hurry up and wait. I couldn't eat much that night and I was supposed to get a goods nights rest (On the doc's ok I took a benedryl, so I could at least sleep 4 hours). I guess that takes me to delivery day!
April 15-
I get up and go to the hospital...boppy in hand. I walked myself to labor and delivery (Chris offered to push me, but I was okay...well I don't know, maybe he did push me???). Got into a gown, hooked up to the monitors and waited. Our families arrived soon after, as did our Priest, Peggy. She annointed my head with oil, I knew I was okay.
At 11:20 they wheeled me in to the very cold, white, sterile, tiled operating room. Chris had to wait in the hall, until right before the delivery.
It was much more hospital like than what I imagined. The epidural was the scariest thing, but once it started working it was really strange. It is like I could feel the pressure of everything, but couldn't move. At first it took a little time for one of my legs to go completely numb ( I get nervous about that, b/c my mom said her epidural didn't work and they immediately put her to sleep). Anyways...w/out going into too much detail, Chris came in and he sat really close to me. I was actually nervous for him, he doesn't do blood, etc. He was so strong. The delivery was actually alot harder than I imagined. I could really feel alot of pressure. At one point they were pushing so hard, I started to have a hard time beathing, they gave me oxygen. It is hard to describe the moment I saw Alex...He Was HUGE!!!
No really he was Big, really really BIG. So big that Dr. Simmons, the nurses, the scrub techs, and the anethitist were making bets on how big he was. I was really shocked when the Doc said he would be bigger than 10lbs.
Sure enough Alex was 10lbs 6oz. Yup...I was valid in my constant complaints of discomfort. In my observations that I was bigger than everyone else...correct!
But Alex was the most adorable child ever to loved! And he still is. I will figure out how to post pics and do so!!!! More blog to come. I will try to update often.
Cynthia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was surprised to see on my blog that your blog was updated. Had to see for myself. Love all the pictures! Finally got to read the birth story too. Glad it all went okay & that you're loving all those precious moments with Alex. He's adorable! - Jenni
Post a Comment