Yesterday I went in for my 3 hour glucose tolerance test.
I felt awful. I had to fast for 12 hours (really 15hrs if you count eh time I was in the doctors office) and for the last few days I have had some major gastric pain ( i know you all don't really want to hear this, but I am pretty sure that is what it is, but I have been tempted to drive my self to the E.R. a few times today thinking it is pre-term labor, but I talked to the nurse about it yesterday, it is gas).
Anyways,I had to drink this terrible concoction and have my finger pricked every hour until noon. and after the 4th drop of blood, I passed. So I guess I can carry on eating my normal meals, though I am a little more conscious of what is going in.
For the first time I am feeling a little tired of being pregnant. Alex is big, I am big, and he is sitting on my lower GI. It is not fun.
I now have stretch marks. I have gone thru a econo-sized bottle of coco butter lotion that is supposed to help prevent them and I look in the mirror as I am applying it and see stretch marks. Not on my side (I got those quick) But on my belly. I guess they are inevitable.
Oh well...I will write next time when I am in a better mood.
Next week 3rd trimester! I am counting the days!
cynthia
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats!! I am so glad you passed that test! Sorry that you are getting to the uncomfy phase. I wish I had some advice.
I can't wait until April to get to meet little Alex! Joe needs some MALE buddies... he was playing in my make-up the other day!
Post a Comment